1 lamb shoulder (bone in)
Juice and zest of 3 lemons
Tablespoon of cumin seeds (whole)
1 bunch of thyme
5 cloves of garlic (crushed)
2 onions (sliced)
Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven 220 degrees Celsius
- Place onions, thyme, garlic and lemon juice in deep pan
- Rub shoulder all over with olive oil and salt and pepper and place on top
- Sprinkle with cumin seeds and add 1cm of chicken stock to pan and place in oven. IMMEDIATELY turn down to 150 degrees celsius and cook for 3- 5 hours
- Check every hour and replenish stock as needed to keep the level of liquid at 1cm.
- Remove when meat can be easily pulled apart with 2 forks.
Serve with sweet potato and pumpkin smash